2016 was a dumpster fire, 2017 was another punch to the gut, and now 2018 has been a whirlwind of escalating climate disasters and political turmoil. The fight for environmental and social justice has been long and hard but with our power to vote, we can keep winning.
Today was National Voter Registration Day, and it’s the perfect time for you to join the people’s movement to ensure our elected officials represent a future we believe in.
We need to put progressive and principled politicians in power. It’s up to all of us to make sure that happens!
So let’s get our voting plans ready to go, and commit to protecting our democracy on November 6th. It’s easy!
- Are you registered to vote?
- Have you moved since the last time you voted?
- Do you know where and when to vote?
- Will you be out of town on November 6th and need an absentee ballot?
This election cycle is going to be monumental for demonstrating our values. We have the opportunity to elect leaders to Congress who will:
- Support the Off Fossil Fuels Act for a swift transition to 100% clean energy by 2035;
- Support clean, affordable, public water and fund dire infrastructure upgrades;
- And protect our future with a ban on factory farms.
There are also countless local and state level elections with significant implications for our country’s future. From Maryland to California, and Colorado to Florida, we know that our local efforts to ban fracking, get off fossil fuels, and transition onto the clean energy revolution will be supported if people turn out to vote for the right leaders.
On National Voter Registration Day, take a minute to think about the impacts you’re seeing from climate change.
Then turn around, register to vote, and get ready to fight for a future we believe in!